Principle of LASER for hair reduction:
The laser has a wavelength that specifically targets the pigment ‘melanin’ contained in the hair follicle & shaft. It penetrates the skin to the depth of 1.5mm which is where the hair bulb is located. Thus it works on the principle of selective ‘photothermolysis’.The laser pulses for a fraction of a second, penetrates the hair bulb without destroying the surrounding skin & vaporizes the pigment in the hair follicle.Thus the follicle is either destroyed or its re-growth is impeded. This is a non- invasive procedure & a large number of hairs are targeted in a single flash of light .
Commonly Treated areas:
- Bikini Line
- Full body
Most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin.These effects typically last for several hours or less. In rare instances, blistering may occur.
LASER at our clinic is performed only under strict guidelines and presence of a Dermatologist. We use US-FDA approved Diode technology , which is a gold standard for LASER hair reduction treatment.
Pre- and Post- Procedure Instructions
- Stop bleaching / threading / waxing of hair atleast a week prior to your session,
- After the laser session, avoid excessive exposure to the sun.Use SPF 15-30 sunscreen lotion regularly.
- Do not scrub the treated area too hard.
- Do not swim for 2 days after the procedure.
- Do not bleach / thread / wax the treated area in between the treatment. You could, however, shave the hair 2-3 times